Giving back to the Sandy Springs Community since 1988
The Sandy Springs Society is a charitable organization of women that was founded in March 1988 to support programs that improve the quality of life for the residents of Sandy Springs. Through its yearly grant process, the organization supports Heritage Sandy Springs and other non-profits in the community that promote the arts, heritage, education, the environment and social services.
- The Sandy Springs Society raises money for its grants through fundraisers, corporate and foundation sponsorships, membership dues and other contributions.
- To date, the Society has awarded grants of over $3 million.
- The Sandy Springs Society is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Supporting the Community
As the Sandy Springs Society enters 2017, we are positioned to give back a record $213,500 to non-profit organizations in need through our annual Grant Process. This process, which is entirely done electronically, has allowed the SSS to touch lives young and old with philanthropic distributions ranging from as little as $800 to over $74,000 dollars. The Society is proud of the local impact we have with grants to a variety of notable Sandy Springs organizations that contribute a tremendous amount of good work every year. Funds from the Society have supported Riverwood & Ridgeview Charter Schools along with North Springs High School Foundation, Sandy Springs Mission as well as Everywoman Works, Horizons Atlanta, Watershed Alliance & Chattahoochee Riverkeepers to name a few. Each year the Philanthropic Committee reviews applications that have a significant impact on the quality of life of the residents of Sandy Springs.
Tossed Out Treasures 2017
Thursday, March 16
Friday, March 17
Saturday, March 18
Stay tuned for more information regarding location and donation dropoff.
You don’t want to miss the Preview Party where you get a first look at the fabulous treasures available! For a minimal entry fee you can browse, enjoy refershments and participate in the Silent Auction.
The Elegant Elf Marketplace 2016
6th Annual Holiday Gift Market
Many thanks to our sponsors, vendors and shoppers for making the 2016 Marketplace a huge success!
2016 Marketplace Highlights
Special guests and attractions plus unique items showcased by over 85 local and national vendors created a wonderland of holiday shopping!
- New York Times bestselling author Emily Giffin was chosen as the 2016 Elegant Elf Marketplace Honorary Chair. She signed her latest book, First Comes Love.
- Authors Walter Reeves, Atlanta’s Souper Jenny, and Kate Parham Kordsmeier all signed books and greeted fans.
- Bishoku Executive Chef Yuki Kurimaru showcased his talents in a culinary demonstration.
- Shoppers enjoyed performances from several Sandy Springs schools including Mount Vernon Presbyterian, Holy Innocents and Ridgeview Middle.
- The Polar Express served lunch and snacks.